Get out your calendars and block off the evening of May 16th for Malvern's Spring Extravaganza! This is going to be (what I hope will be the first annual) a BIG EVENT (and fundraiser) for Malvern, our students and families.
May 16th from 5-7pm is the Malvern Spring Extravaganza. Not only will the Book Fair be open this night, we will host the In and Out Burger truck (look for information about tickets soon) AND we will host our first Cardboard Challenge Arcade with games will be set up in the Gym for all students to play (much like the fall carnival).
How Teachers can help:
1. Promote the Cardboard Challenge! Either schedule a time with Miss Hefley to share information about this challenge with your class OR using this slide show talk to your class about the Challenge.
2. Send home the Cardboard Challenge Handout to parents, please consider ALSO sending this electronically (PDF Version: English, Spanish)
3. Help with the collection of recycled materials and making students aware of what supplies you might be able to help with. Kids can use anything from small toys, to paper cups and plates, paper towel rolls, etc.
4. Volunteers are needed with set-up, clean-up and with various stations at this HUGE event. It will not be possible without your help! Please help us make this a memorable night for our students, families and a worthwhile fundraiser for Malvern too. Complete this form to sign up as a volunteer.
5. Donate. Our largest prize for the arcade games will be a GIANT TUB of PRIZES (I will reveal one more thing on announcements each day for the tub). I already plan to put in certificates for Extra Recess for your entire class, Free Computer Time for your entire class and Free Reading Time in the Learning Commons for your entire class but it could use Gift Cards, Toys, Books or other materials you might be able to donate.
Librarian or Media Resource Specialist at Malvern Elementary School, McKinney, TX