A few notes about the upcoming election process at Malvern:
1. If you have not taken the time to watch Kid President’s newest videos …..you just have to…..https://youtu.be/ghk-nDJB3Tk
2. Please start talking as a team and as a class about what traits are of a good leader and who you think should be nominated for our Malvern Presidential Race! Any FICTIONAL character may be nominated (of course I prefer literary characters but I am not going to limit to that). We are lifting the age restriction but do ask that your nominee be American (sorry Harry Potter). Each class will be asked to complete a nominee page by Oct 28.
3. I encourage older students to take part in Nickelodeon’s Kids Pick the President: http://www.kidspickthepresident.com/ and explore the resources offered there……(but maybe watch the Kid President video about learning to disagree first).
4. Research, campaigning and the Primary election will take place the first week of November narrowing the field down to 2 candidates. Explorer Station challenges will be to make posters and commercials for your preferred nominee. Voting will take place on Thursday November 3. All students may vote in the Learning Commons. We will have plenty of iPads and computers for our electronic voting.
5. Research, campaigning and the final election for #IfICouldPickthePresident will be the second week of November. Explorer Station challenges will be to make posters and commercials for your preferred nominee. Voting will take place on Thursday November 10th. Please hold an election in your class, only teachers (electors) may vote in the Learning Commons.
Librarian or Media Resource Specialist at Malvern Elementary School, McKinney, TX